Service Members From Each Branch Will Be Honored at Gala Event in Washington, D.C., July 18
ARLINGTON, VA / ACCESSWIRE / March 22, 2023 / For the past 21 years, annual 'Service Members of the Year' awards have honored one outstanding military member (active duty, Guard or Reserve) from each branch of the U.S. military service who has gone beyond the call of duty. The awards are administered by Military Times and the Military Times Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit subsidiary of the Sightline Media Group. This year's recipient's will be celebrated at an invite-only event, July 18, 2023, at the Ronald Regan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C., attended by congressional, military and community leaders. We invite the public to join us via livestream. Register to attend the livestream by visiting servicemembersoftheyear.org/watch.
A list of the 2023 Service Members of the Year
Since 2019, the Military Times Foundation has donated over $15 million in cash and media value to support over 150 military and veteran service organizations, such as Fisher House, Children of Fallen Patriots, TAPS, Objective Zero and others.
This year's recipients include:
- Airman of the Year - Air Force Major Katie Lunning
- Coastguardsman of the Year - Coast Guard Lieutenant Chelsea Sheehy
- Guardian of the Year - Space Force Captain Victoria Garcia
- Marine of the Year - Marine Master Sergeant Kevin Haunschild
- Sailor of the Year - Navy Hospital Corpsman 2nd Class Anthony Anglikowski
- Soldier of the Year - Army Master Sergeant Justin Bolin
- Veteran of the Year - Command Sgt. Maj. (Ret.) Lindsey Streeter
Recipients have been nominated by their compatriots and commanding officers. The Military Times Foundation selects recipients based on a number of criteria, including:
- Their recent actions in their military career have gone above and beyond the call of duty.
- Their Service recent personal experience highlights the changing needs and institutional agility that are essential to modern military readiness.
- They do significant off-duty community service work that highlights the non-institutional aspects of commitment to public service.
'We are proud to recognize these exceptional service members who have gone above and beyond the call of duty in their military careers and community service,' said Michael Reinstein, Chairman of Military Times Foundation. 'Their commitment and sacrifice embody the best of our armed forces, and we are proud to celebrate their achievements at the 2023 Service Members of the Year event. The Military Times Foundation remains dedicated to supporting military and veteran service organizations, and we are grateful for the opportunity to contribute to the well-being of our military community.'
For more information on the selection process, history of the award, past recipients, and other details, visit servicemembersoftheyear.org.
About Military Times
Service members and their families rely on MilitaryTimes.com as a trusted, independent source for news and information on the most important issues affecting their careers and personal lives, including branch updates, financial services, pay and benefits, healthcare, education, transition resources, and more. MilitaryTimes.com is a part of the Sightline Media Group, which also owns Army Times, Marine Corps Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, Federal Times, Defense News, and C4ISRNET.
SOURCE: Military Times
View source version on accesswire.com: